Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WIP Crochet Patches Afgans

I am actually working on two projects.  One is the blue and orange afghan.  Nicole told me it looks like "Tony the Tiger" blanket from the Frosted Flakes cereal box.  I'm making the orange and blue one for my brother Tommy so I kind of shrugged and thought, "This afghan will be the 'Tommy the Tiger' afghan."



The second afghan I have been working on -- still.  I have the purple and white I was working on that now has a gold border.  It's the same exact pattern, just different colors.  Purple colors are symbolic of a "good wife" and Laurie is a good wife to Tommy so that blanket is going to her.  This one is my favorite afghan.  I know it's wrong to have favorites, but sorry, I have one.  They will both have semi-matching afghans (same pattern, different colors).  I am not sure how I am going to finish the edging.  I have liked picots.  They are my favorite, and it's the same one I used for my mother's blanket.  If it doesn't look good, I'm thinking about a pointed scallop stitch.  I will take pictures of my finished product.  We'll see.  Stay tuned.





I also have another surprise and good news.  Nicole is crocheting.  She is learning how to chain.  She did it all by herself.  I'm trying to work with her in getting the right hand positioning with the crochet hook.  Other than that, she learned very quickly and I am a very proud mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment