Thursday, March 12, 2015

Mint Chocolate Chip Banana Split

After Nicole's tooth extraction, the dentist, Tyler Albrecht, from Cedar View Pediatric Dentistry ordered that we only have soft foods for Nicole for today.  I tried to think of things she could eat.  The mac and cheese at KFC was the thing Nicole wanted most so we did that earlier, but Nicole really wasn't eating much.  She was in a lot of pain.  I tried to think of something that would cheer her up that she could enjoy.  This is what I came up with.




First, I opened a banana by cutting off the stem, and then I peeled the banana.  Next I stuck my finger through the bottom of the banana and split it into 3 separate parts.  After that, I lined the banana parallel, and added two scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream.  After that, I topped the ice cream with Cool Whip frozen whipped cream.  Then I added Hershey's fudge topping diagonally, and then horizontally.  When I served it to Nicole she was so excited.  All that was left on the plate when she finished was melted ice cream and chocolate sauce.  The Mint Chocolate Chip Banana Split was completely devoured so I'm guessing that's kid approved.




I'm not really into sweets or deserts.  I see all kinds of recipes for candies and cookies that are loaded with chocolate and caramel.  I don't know why I'm not interested.  I suppose if a person eats too much sugar, they get a nasty belly ache.  I try to be careful what I make if it's sweet.  This was delicious, and satisfied my sweet tooth without giving me a belly ache.  I recommend it.  It was absolutely delicious.

I had another thought.  St. Patrick's Day is this Tuesday, and what a great time it would be to have minty green banana splits on the holiday.  Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment