Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Lissa's Black and Red Salad

Simple and easy.  Fresh and scrumptious.

 



Lissa's Black and Red Salad

1 head of Leafy Green Lettuce
1/2 cup of Olives
1/2 cup of Cherub Sweet Tomatoes
1/2 cup of English Cucumber or Israeli Cucumber
Italian dressing or Girard's Champagne




Chop the salad into chunks.  Thinly slice the cucumber.  Cut the sweet tomatoes into halves. 




Place the lettuce on the plate. Top the lettuce with sweet tomatoes, olives and cucumbers.  




When I poured salad dressing over the salad, it had a shine to it.  I usually am very sparing with dressing, but tonight I went all out.  The vegetables absorbed the dressing, and the flavor was amazing.



There's no wrong way to eat a red and black salad.  I normally don't eat with my hands, but I found myself trying to pick up the cucumber and olives with my hands.  The tomatoes were especially ripe and sweet.  It was literally like eating a plate full of candy.  This salad is savory, and I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment