Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Splashing Around at the Pool

One of the best ideas of the summer is to have a good time at the swimming pool.  Nicole and Presley had it all planned.  We weren't originally going to go until 5:00 p.m. but the girls were getting antsy to go so we went about 2:30 p.m.  Last year we bought an over-sized turtle.  Nicole huffed and puffed to blow up the inflatable all by herself.  It's unbelievable that she has gone from having me do everything for her last year to becoming more and more independent this year.  I was a little worried that the inflatable turtle would get popped, that somehow it would break from kids jumping on it, but it was durable. The worse problem about the turtle was that it often capsized and flipped over in the pool.  That just made the turtle that much more fun.  The other floating device we had was the pink flotation device. The pink floaty didn't flip much.  The pink flotation did not require any blowing up.  It was very sturdy, and even with both girls leaning and jumping on it, it never sank.  The pink flotation was probably the better device.

Roughing it at the swimming pool 



Nicole teaching Presley how to back float. 



The water was too deep for Presley so Nicole carried her.



Smiles are always better with missing teeth.



Peace out ☮



Nicole is having a great time.



These girls are soaking up the sun. What a great day!


I remember when I was a little girl.  We swam at my Grandmother's pool on Coronado Island.  I used to play with the lifesaver flotation.  It was supposed to be used if someone was drowning, but since I was too short to touch the bottom of the pool, that's what I used.  I think watching these girls play, it was a great time.  The water was warm, and the sunshine was bright. Yesterday rained, and so I was praying for the sunshine.  It was so nice to sit and relax on the lounge chairs.  All I could hear was the laughter.  They were splashing and making great big waves.  Overall, the swimming pool made this day a great day.  I hope the summer holds many more days like these. Thank you for reading. 

Love, 
Lissa
 

2 comments:

  1. This should be what summer is all about!
    I wish I was little again so I could go and play in a pool!!
    Sounds like you had a lovely time :)

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rachel, and thank you for your comment. I totally agree. I wish I were a little girl jumping in the pool again. These girls are having such a great summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment