Thursday, February 26, 2015

December 2014 Crochet Projects

Here are some of the winter crochet projects that I completed.

This gray and white granny square ended up being a dog cape for our black pit bull, Ellie.  It was completed after the holidays.  The completed project had a gray ruffle and red ribbons sewn into each end.  I crochet a gray collar that went around Ellie's neck.  The biggest problem with crocheting a dog cape is that it doesn't stay on the dog very well without an attachment underneath the front legs.  I will keep that in mind for my next project.

This pink and multi-color was supposed to be an end runner for my daughter, Nicole's bed.  It's still a work in progress.  I have more patches that have been completed and collected (hoarded).  I just haven't sewn them all together. It's already good sized.  I think the reason why this was not finished was due to the fact that I wanted to go over the top for my daughter.  I wanted to make her something fabulous and great.  I knew it was going to take more time and energy to do that.  I got to the point where I was just tired of making little squares.  It was too repetitious.  I got tired of it and quit.  I still have the materials to finish this project.  I just have to acquire the motivation to complete it.

This baby afghan was completed prior to Christmas holiday.  It was for my niece, Callie Elaine.  I did not know that my sister picked a black leather rocking chair.  Once Monica arranged the blanket over the rocking chair, it looked very nice -- better than I had planned.  Some people prefer pastels for baby colors, but I do like darker colors because it's an easy blanket to put over for breastfeeding.  It hides the shadows better than a lighter blanket.  It hides stains.  When babies poop and spit up, it can be completely messy.  I chose more of a utility afghan. I think it will be put to good use.

 This is a head band/earwarmer.  I had some red scrap yarn, and tried to freehand copy a headband I saw on a facebook crochet group.  I did not know how to crochet flowers.  That was the first time I had ever done that.  I started with the smaller flower petals and worked my way out.  So far, so good so I must be doing something right.  It turned out great.  I have considered working with more neutral colors like warm browns, off whites, and grays.  One of my friends had a fluffy baby pink head band that she bought for $20 at a store.  It takes me less than an hour to crochet these, and yarn is $2.88.  If a person can crochet, they can make about 3-5 out of one yarn.  It's a good idea for a crochet business.  The women really like these.

This is a simple red beanie.  It's more of the same scrap yarn.  The ribbon was actually wrapping from a present my daughter received on her birthday.  We tied it on there to see how it would look.  It looked okay.  I think a different ribbon would be better.  This hat ended up being a gift for my sister, Laurie.  I also made an identical one for my mom.

The next two pictures are of a scarf I crocheted.  It was simple and took about a day to finish.  I ended up giving it to Laurie.  It's a simple red scarf with a ruffle.

This is a baby doll dress.  My daughter had the twin Baby Alive dolls.  They look like infant babies.  I free handed my own pattern by looking at the doll, and tailored it to the size and shape of the doll.  The top is a double crochet, and it took a long while to pull it tight.  The bottom skirt is a V-stitch.  I also added a ruffle at the ending just to dress it up a little.  It looks wonderful on the doll.  I had not thought of gray as a good baby doll color.  Whenever I think of babies, I think it must be pastels.  I broke that rule, and I think it turned out just fine.  I wanted to crochet Nicole a matching dress, but she thought that was going too far so this was the end result.  I liked it.  I will have to post a picture of the dress on doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment